SXSW 2017 Set to Take Place March 10-19
New companies, entrepreneurs and startups will be also looking to make their mark at SXSW this year. Take a look over a quick guide to the SXSW schedule.
- On Thursday, March 9 guests can register with the festival.
- March 10 is opening day at SXSW. Guests with a platinum badge can experience all the events from the 10-19. Interactive and film badge holders have events starting on the 10th, and music badge holders will have events from March 14-19. That being said, events such as SX Create, are open to the public.
- SX Create offers a showroom for engineers to display their ideas and products to SXSW guests. This event takes place from March 10-12.
- Also starting on March 10 is the SXSW Conference sessions. The SXSW Conference will include 13 total Keynote speakers announced throughout the season. All badge holders are able to experience the live discussions.
- On March 11 & 12 will mark the SXSW Accelerator Pitch event. The two-day event will feature 50 Interactive technology companies from 10 different categories. The accelerator is close to being Shark Tank on steroids.
- SXSW Interactive is in full swing from March 10-14. SXSW Film will be starting up on March 10, and SXSW Music is set to kick off on March 14. Depending on which section of the festival attracts you the most; the access to different events will direct you when selecting a badge. Many locals in Austin have also told me that you don’t have to buy a badge at SXSW to connect with the festival. There is a lot of events open to the public, but the high demand events will be harder to access without badges.
- During March 16-18 SXSW 2017 will be hosting the Gaming Expo. The Austin Convention Center will be home to the Geek Stage, Esports Tournament Stage, Indie Corner, Tabletop Experience, Free Play PC Arena, and much more.
Spotlight on SXSW Gaming 2017
Scope out updates on social media covering gaming and entertainment at SXSW 2017. Connect with their main website for tickets and passes to the 2017 event.
Scan over the primary and secondary options for badge holders on the website’s ticket page.
Below is a video from an interview with actress Alia Shawkat and producer Lance Bangs from SXSW Film 2016. Dive into comedy and insight with these two talented figures in the entertainment industry.