Reach Millions of Readers with Google Newsstand
As the Internet continues to grow, the demand for content continues to grow.
Web producers continue to face the problem of creating engaging content that connects with multiple demographics.
The content and product is going to need to be refined to a point that is easy to consume, informative, and valuable enough to need to share with friends and family. When I first started blogging ten years ago, I would write about music related topics. Over the years, I have been able to refine that style of content, as well as exploring different avenues of content from sports, politics, business, film and the environment.
As I review the most engaging articles that I have written, I start to connect the dots to the platform that the content was displayed on. Here is a few examples.
- One of my first successful blog posts on MySpace was on a concert review in Nashville, Tennessee. KT Tunstall performed in 2008, and I dug deep into the history of the Ryman Auditorium to give additional information in the story. It was not heavily shared, but in comparison to my other articles, it was above average for engagement at the time. I point this article out because it was one of my first steps into regional news coverage.
- In 2010, I helped start the Crescent Vale News Network. The first years were like throwing darts at a board to see what style of content fit best. Over the next two years, the brand would gain exposure on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
- In 2013, we specialized in live music coverage. When tagging people on Facebook and social media started to take place, this created massive exposure for our content. The concept of tagging people that the content focuses on is an excellent way to connect with producers through informative Web material.
- Once we were accepted to Google News in October 2016, our main website traffic went up overall. We did start publishing more articles to catch up with the demand.
- In 2017, we have been accepted into Apple News. Each platform works as a stream of traffic. We do our best to bring in as many people as possible to share the most informative literature possible.
As we move forward, we plan to refine our products for each platform. The audience and demographics is different for each platform. One example of refined content will be creating a series of Web articles for people to consume in a similar fashion to binge watching television.
Watch over a YouTube video from The Futur covering Web content management. Explore how The Telegraph is utilizing Google Play Newsstand, and check out the breakdown of what happens on average each minute on the Web.