[av_heading heading=’Robert Plant, Trombone Shorty, Phil Lesh, Panic + More at LOCKN’ tag=’h3′ style=’blockquote modern-quote modern-centered’ size=’30’ subheading_active=’subheading_below’ subheading_size=’13’ padding=’5′ color=” custom_font=”]
Written by: Matthew McGuire
The LOCKN’ Music Festival has started February 2015 on fire. This year the festival is bringing back veterans Widespread Panic, Phil Lesh and Friends for two nights, Keller Williams, as well some new acts to join the party this September 10-13.
[av_icon_box position=’left’ boxed=” icon=’ue80c’ font=’entypo-fontello’ title=’Week 2 February 2015 – Artist Addition’ link=” linktarget=” linkelement=” font_color=” custom_title=” custom_content=” color=” custom_bg=” custom_font=” custom_border=”]
The LOCKN’ Music Festival has just announced the following bands to the 2015 lineup:
LOCKN’ is introducing Trombone Shorty & St. Paul and the Broken Bones to the lineup this year. Each of the acts has a polished and soulful sound that has left me wanting more after each performance. In addition to the upcoming acts, established acts, such as Robert Plant, will be making an appearance during his world tour at LOCKN Music Festival.
Robert Plant is hosting two big nights of contemporary rock with The Sensational Space Shifters. Since it is still a new band, we wanted to feature the crew to help build a better understanding of their sound.
[av_image src=’https://crescentvale.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/RP-SSS-Slider.jpg’ attachment=’7725′ attachment_size=’full’ align=’center’ animation=’bottom-to-top’ link=’lightbox’ target=” styling=” caption=’yes’ font_size=” appearance=”]
Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters
[av_icon_box position=’left’ boxed=” icon=’ue84d’ font=’entypo-fontello’ title=’The Sensational Space Shifters ‘ link=” linktarget=” linkelement=” font_color=” custom_title=” custom_content=” color=” custom_bg=” custom_font=” custom_border=”]
- Guitarist Justin Adams had been instrumental in the world music crossover discs of such groundbreaking artists as Jah Wobble and Natasha Atlas, and he produced the world-renowned Tuareg group Tinariwen.
- Both keyboardist-programmer John Baggot and bassist Billy Fuller had been key players in fashioning the deep, dub-influenced Bristol Sound alongside Massive Attack and Portishead (and Fuller has been collaborating with Portishead’s Geoff Barrow in a trio called Beak).
- Young Gambian multi-instrumentalist Camara, who learned his craft from his venerable griot father, regularly collaborates with Adams in a hybrid project called Juju.
- Drummer Dave Smith is part of the London-based Loop Collective and specializes in jazz and electronic music.
- Finally, guitarist Liam “Skin” Tyson hails from the chart-topping Brit-pop band Cast.
Each year the LOCKN Music Festival brings in a unique lineup of eclectic acts from different regions of the country and the world together on the east coast for a weekend filled with genuine classic music from all genres. Last year was our first year being able to cover the event, and the people were absolutely incredible. The location is setup in foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia.
It is clear that the festival is fueled with live music, in addition to all the once-in-a-lifetime moments that take place on stage with legendary guest spots. The music that takes place on stage is an excellent reflection of the crowd that attends this festival.
Tickets on sale at: LOCKN Tickets
Stream familiar and new bands with our YouTube Playlist.
[av_video src=’http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhLyUxyynCknbbJV3NfC18nSi8lBs36qm’ format=’16-9′ width=’16’ height=’9′]
[av_masonry_entries link=’category,638′ sort=’yes’ items=’5′ columns=’flexible’ paginate=’pagination’ query_orderby=’date’ query_order=’DESC’ size=’fixed masonry’ gap=’1px’ overlay_fx=’active’ caption_elements=’title excerpt’ caption_display=’always’ id=”]