[av_heading heading=’Amazon Prime Connects with 3 Million News Customers in December’ tag=’h2′ style=’blockquote modern-quote’ size=” subheading_active=’subheading_below’ subheading_size=’15’ padding=’10’ color=” custom_font=”]
Written by: Matthew McGuire
Twenty fifteen has turned out to be a successful year for Amazon.
In addition to generating financial success this year, the company also produced millions of dollars for charities with smile.amazon.com.
The company is proud of their success over 2015, but lets look at how Amazon Studios works behind the scenes. First, we look at the cities the company hires the most people including: Santa Monica, Irvine and Seattle. It drastically helps being physically located in those markets.
Amazon Studios is working with a cloud-based platform to allow media producers to apply and test projects that will be released with Amazon. After I setup an account with Amazon Studios, researched the platform and users, I found out that a majority of the screenplays and production teams sit by on the sidelines, while established directors and actors, that can work on a small budget, is more likely to be selected to help produce a film with Amazon.
Read more about Amazon Storywriter.
My best piece of advice if you are a struggling filmmaker: produce as many films as possible, submit them to large and small scale film festivals for 5-10 years, (1-5 years is not enough,) build a strong reputation, invest thousands of dollars and hours of time, and hope someone will want to select your project at a major studio. That process is for anyone looking to generate revenue with their film. There is a large amount of filmmakers that create cinema for the love of the work, and release it for free. It depends on what you want your film to produce.
Find out how Amazon Studios is producing original content on YouTube.
Amazon Studio Original Programming
[av_video src=’https://youtu.be/2FZe-lwNe6A’ format=’16-9′ width=’16’ height=’9′]
Screenwriters and filmmakers, discover the opportunities for you at Amazon Studios.
[av_icon_box position=’left’ boxed=” icon=’ue924′ font=’entypo-fontello’ title=’Amazon Prime, Amazon Studios Continues a Record-Setting 2015′ link=” linktarget=” linkelement=” font_color=” custom_title=” custom_content=” color=” custom_bg=” custom_font=” custom_border=”]
In a press release sent on by Amazon and businesswire.com, the company looks at their increases in 2015.
- Record number of units shipped worldwide with Amazon Prime.
- More than three million customers joined Prime in the third week of December.
- Amazon Prime membership continues to grow, and there are tens of millions of members worldwide.
- Record number of movies watched on Prime Video in 2015.
- Prime members made The Man in the High Castle the most watched TV season on Prime Video by 4.5x.
- This holiday, Prime members doubled their viewing hours of Prime Video titles, compared to 2014.
- Prime members shopped more than 30,000 Lightning Deals on Amazon.com with Prime Early Access.
- Christmas Eve was the biggest day ever for Prime Now deliveries.
- Amazon devices including the all-new Fire tablet, Amazon Echo and Fire TV Stick made up three of the top five items ordered on Christmas Eve through Prime Now.
- Some of the most popular Prime Now best sellers during the holidays were Simply Orange Juice, Bounty Paper Towels and Haribo Gold-Bears.
- A record number of songs were streamed with Prime Music this holiday season–worldwide Prime Music plays set an all-time record increasing more than 350 percent compared to 2014.
- Prime members shopping via mobile more than doubled this holiday in the US.
- Members worldwide uploaded more than a billion photos for free with Prime Photos this holiday.
- Kindle Paperwhite, Cards Against Humanity and Fitbit Charge were the most popular items ordered with Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery this holiday.
“This was another great holiday season to be a Prime member, and we welcomed three million new members in the third week of December alone,” said Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon.com. “Over 200 million more items shipped for free with Prime this holiday, and members doubled their viewing hours of Prime Video compared to last year with the Amazon Original Series The Man in the High Castle leading the way as the most watched TV season ever on Prime Video. On behalf ofAmazon employees around the world, we wish everyone happy holidays and the very best for the coming year.”
- Biggest holiday ever for Amazon devices – up 2x over last year’s record-setting holiday.
- Amazon devices were top-selling products across all of the items available on Amazon.com this holiday season – #1 was Fire, #3 was Fire TV Stick.
- The all-new Fire tablet and Amazon Echo topped this year’s most wished-for and gifted items for Amazon.com customers.
- The most popular movie watched on Prime Video this holiday season was The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.
- The most popular movie watched on Prime Video on Christmas was Interstellar.
- Amazon Originals have been nominated for nearly 40 awards in 2015 including five Golden Globe nominations, two Screen Actors Guild nominations and eight Critics’ Choice nominations–series nominated include Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle, Catastrophe, The Man in the High Castle, and more.
- Amazon Studios released its first Original Movie Chi-Raq on December 4 to rave reviews. The film, from director Spike Lee, has gone on to be included in several end of the year “Best Film Lists” from LA Weekly, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, Slant, New York magazine and Vulture.
- Amazon Prime members can instantly watch and enjoy the latest Amazon Original Series including The Man in the High Castle, Red Oaks, Hand of God, and the second season ofTransparent as well as the second seasons of Amazon Original Kids Series Tumble Leafand Gortimer Gibbons Life on Normal Street on hundreds of devices.
[av_magazine link=’category,2024′ items=’5′ offset=’0′ tabs=’aviaTBtabs’ thumbnails=’aviaTBthumbnails’ heading=” heading_link=’manually,http://’ heading_color=’theme-color’ heading_custom_color=’#ffffff’ first_big=’aviaTBfirst_big’ first_big_pos=’left’]