[av_heading heading=’Wicked Hot Country Music with Aubrie Sellers’ tag=’h2′ style=’blockquote modern-quote’ size=” subheading_active=’subheading_below’ subheading_size=’15’ padding=’10’ color=” custom_font=”]
Written by: Matthew McGuire
Aubrie Sellers, Texas/Tennessee hybrid artist, currently is previewing their latest record, New City Blues via NPR.
The band tears their heart out on ‘Light of Day’ with an electric guitar that pierces into listeners with passion. Their latest album New City Blues is produced by Frank Liddell, and was recorded in Nashville.
Sellers will make her network television debut on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert next Thursday, January 28.
New City Blues by Aubrie Sellers is due out Friday, January 29.
The band’s management shared with us two quotes from Aubrie Sellers on her style of music and influences that help mold her sound.
“Her music, she adds, “is so much more like garage rock, that raw raging stuff. Maybe you could say it’s ‘garage country’?!
My influences are all over the place: the Kinks, Screaming Jay Hawkins, Buddy and Julie Miller, Creedence, even Ricky Skaggs. Led Zeppelin is my biggest rock influence—and that goes right straight, for me, to Ralph Stanley. That raw bluegrass, the banjo, that’s the same energy and intensity you get in punk. It’s all music that’s driven, that’s haunted, that cuts and moves.” – Aubrie Sellers
Garage Country is an excellent way to summarize the gritty texture to the drums, guitar, and vocals within Aubrie Sellers. The band is set to share the stage with Chris Stapleton in Nashville.
After Sellers released her latest album, she will be sharing the latest tunes with a live crowd at the Ryman Auditorium, as well as at Stagecoach in Indio, California.
[av_font_icon icon=’ue85e’ font=’entypo-fontello’ style=’border’ caption=’Aubrie Sellers on NPR’ link=” linktarget=” size=’60px’ position=’center’ color=”][/av_font_icon]
[av_hr class=’default’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
[av_icon_box position=’top’ boxed=” icon=’ue841′ font=’entypo-fontello’ title=’Aubrie Sellers on the Road | Track Listing’ link=” linktarget=” linkelement=” font_color=” custom_title=” custom_content=” color=” custom_bg=” custom_font=” custom_border=”]
Aubrie Sellers on Tour
January 27—New York, NY—Mercury Lounge
January 29—Nashville, TN—Grimey’s in-store
February 20—Nashville, TN—Ryman Auditorium*
April 29—Indio, CA—Stagecoach
- Light of Day (written by Aubrie Sellers and Adam Wright).
- Sit Here and Cry (written by Aubrie Sellers and Adam Wright).
- Paper Doll (written by Aubrie Sellers, Neil Mason and Jessie Jo Dillon).
- Losing Ground (written by Aubrie Sellers).
- Magazines (written by Aubrie Sellers, Adam Wright and Dani Flowers).
- Dreaming In The Day (written by Aubrie Sellers, Phillip White and Amber White).
- Liar Liar (written by Aubrie Sellers, Brandy Clark and Jessie Jo Dillon).
- Humming Song (written by Aubrie Sellers).
- Just To Be With You (written by Aubrie Sellers and Adam Wright).
- People Talking (written by Aubrie Sellers and Mando Saenz).
- Something Special (written by Aubrie Sellers and Adam Wright).
- Loveless Rolling Stone (written by Aubrie Sellers and Brent Cobb).
- Like the Rain (written by Aubrie Sellers, Adam Wright and Jason Sellers).
- Living Is Killing Me Stone (written by Aubrie Sellers and Adam Wright).
Aubrie Sellers – Light of Day
[av_video src=’https://youtu.be/n1bFzcp-5EE’ format=’16-9′ width=’16’ height=’9′]
Aubrie Sellers performs ‘Light of Day off of her latest album New City Blues on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
[av_magazine link=’category,15′ items=’5′ offset=’0′ tabs=’aviaTBtabs’ thumbnails=’aviaTBthumbnails’ heading=” heading_link=’manually,http://’ heading_color=’theme-color’ heading_custom_color=’#ffffff’ first_big=’aviaTBfirst_big’ first_big_pos=’left’]