Amazon Offers TV Subscriptions within their Digital Streaming Platform Service
Amazon Channels currently offers over 80 different subscription packages for Amazon Prime members to add on to their Amazon Prime service.
Amazon Prime Video works as the in house production for original programming on with an Amazon Prime subscription that costs close to $100 a year, or $10.99 a month. If consumers would also like to add on HBO, Cinemax or another streaming service, they can add each network to their streaming package with Amazon. In reality, you can also purchase HBO Go, and have it as a stand alone platform, or combine it with Amazon to create simplicity.
Amazon and Business Wire noted:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV episodes, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazonoriginal series and movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love and Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
- Amazon Channels: Over 80 video subscriptions to networks like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, available to AmazonPrime members as add-ons to their membership – to view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, phones and tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range(HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of certain content
“For years now, Amazon has demonstrated an incomparable capability for bringing customers exactly what they want, in all the ways they want it.” – Sofia Chang, Executive Vice President, Worldwide Digital Distribution and Home Entertainment, HBO
Amazon continues to build a larger network of online content. In addition to online viewing, the platform also allows users to download the content to watch on over 650 compatible devices.
Currently consumers can download content offline that is Amazon original content, but they have noted that the HBO and other channels are more for streaming online.
Connect with Amazon Channels with the trailer below.