Amazon Prime Delivers Internationally with Original Content
Amazon Prime Now has recently announced that the streaming platform will be available in India, as well as over 200 countries around the globe.
In addition to the US original programming with Amazon Prime, the company is expanding to meet the demand of the India entertainment marketplace.
In comparison to the United States programming, India and other developed countries focus less on gun violence. An example of the overuse of violence in U.S. programming can be seen in Amazon’s upcoming release of Sneaky Pete.
When users start to have more international options for original content, I hope the U.S. consumers see the failed brainwashing of violence in our programming and deprogram from that negative content. Expand your horizons with view different points of view.
Hopefully Amazon will not try to produce violent imagery in additional countries. If they do, I will keep an eye on the crime rate to see if it changes, and report on it accordingly.
To quickly compare and contrast Bollywood to Hollywood, I added an India trailer below to compare to the Sneaky Pete trailer. Notice that the India trailer doesn’t use a single gun, and when they do use violence, it is in the form of martial art. I respect the people from India so much more than Americans that assume gun violence is a way to sell subscriptions while aiding to the overcrowded prison system in our country.
Amazon Indian Originals
- Bodhidharma: Master of Shaolin | Equinox Features | Ram Madhvani, Prasoon Joshi and Sunil Doshi
- Breathe | Abundantia Entertainment | Vikram Malhotra, starring R Madhvan and Amit Sadh
- The Ministry | AIB and OML
- Powerplay |Excel Media & Entertainment | Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar starring Vivek Oberoi, Richa Chadda and others
- Mirzapur | Excel Media & Entertainment | Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar
- Stardust | Phantom Films| Vikramaditya Motwane, Madhu Mantena, Anurag Kashyap and Vikas Bahl
- The Family Man | D2R Films | DK Krishna and Raj Nidimoru
- Vishpuri | Big Synergy | Vikas Bahl, Vikramaditya Motwane, Anurag Kashyapand Madhu Mantena
- Made in Heaven Excel Media & Entertainment and Tiger Baby| Ritesh Sidhwani, Farhan Akhtar, Zoya Akhtar and Reema Kagti.
“India has one of the richest and most vibrant entertainment industries in the world–Amazon is energized by the talent and the passion of India’s film industry and is excited to be making multiple Indian original shows already, with more to come,” – Roy Price, Vice President and Head of Amazon Studios
In addition to English and Hindi, Prime Video will also offer top regional movies in Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and Marathi, including Kaashmora, Theri, Killing Veerappan, 1 – Nenokkadine, Khawto, and Family Katta.
The United States programming lineup recently announced Sneaky Pete to debut on January 13, 2017. Watch over a trailer to the show below.