Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and Amazon Tap can now connect with Wally and Hopper Receivers with DISH TV
DISH TV has partnered with Amazon Inc. to bring customers hands-free television.
The new voice-based service will allow users to vocally command their television with Amazon Alexa.
It is important to note that users with DISH TV will first need a Wally or Hopper receiver. Second, they will need to have one of the Amazon devices including: Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or Amazon Tap. Currently, these devices have compatibility with one another.
Business Wire reported:
The latest update will work on live DISH TV content, recorded, on-demand titles, as well as Netflix’s selection of TV shows and movies. Below are examples of spoken commands currently available.
- “Alexa, change channel to ESPN”
- “Alexa, tune to channel 130”
- “Alexa, go to the History Channel”
- “Alexa, find the Big Bang Theory”
- “Alexa, search for Game of Thrones”
- “Alexa, show me Tom Hanks movies”
- “Alexa, search for comedies”
- “Alexa, play This is Us”
- “Alexa, skip forward”
- “Alexa, rewind 30 seconds”
- “Alexa, pause”
- “Alexa, resume”
Watch additional features available with Amazon Alexa on YouTube, and stay connected with DISH TV on social media for updates.