The Deadline is Friday, February 2
The LOCKN’ Music Festival is hosting their annual ROCKN’ to LOCKN’ crowdsources contest.
Fans vote for their top three Virginia-based acts, and they get a chance to perform at the sixth annual LOCKN’ Music Festival in Arrington, Virginia.
The requirements for this contest have been noted by the festival organizers:
- All artists must be Virginia-based
- Only the following genres are eligible: Jam, Rock, Americana, Bluegrass/Jam-grass, Funk, Reggae
- All artists must perform and compete on behalf of only one band
- All artists are required to provide all of their own instruments and amplifiers
- All artists must be a regularly performing member of the band prior to contest, artist’s must remain the same; no substitutes or additions are allowed during the contest
- No artist may be an employee, agent, officer, of LOCKN’, or their affiliates
- Artist must own 100% of the rights to the submitted songs and any submitted images
- In the event any member of a band is not eligible or is disqualified, then the entire band will be disqualified
The format to the contest includes:
• SUBMISSIONS: Registration is open! Submit your information and let’s get your dreams closer to reality.
• ROUND 1: National fan voting opens! Cast your vote for who you want to see perform at LOCKN’. As a bonus, each person who votes will be entered to win two 4-day GA passes to LOCKN’! Fans can submit up to one vote per day.
• ROUND 2: Come see the top 12 bands battle LIVE during 3 shows in Virginia in April. Your in-person votes will decide the final 6 bands.
• THE FEST WEEKEND ROUND: Join us at Infinity Downs Farm to see the grand finale performances from our top 6 finalists, and select your picks for the top 3 bands to play LOCKN’.
- Bands will be paid $500 for their performance at LOCKN’
Additionally, the festival currently has a limited amount of pre-sale tickets available via their main website.