Submission Dropbox Open September 6
Tribeca Film Festival 2017 has set their dates for next April. The festival will host their sixteenth annual event in New York City on April 19-30.
2017 will feature the option for filmmakers to submit content across all programming areas of the festival. Media producers in the areas of virtual reality, TV, online and digital work can now submit to have their work premiere at Tribeca Film Festival 2017. In the past, submissions were only for film, storyscapes, and Tribeca X award.
“Tribeca is a forward thinking storytelling festival and we have been supporting work that goes beyond the big screen for many years. As the technology and tools proliferate in the creative community and new distribution models emerge we feel it is the right time to expand and support artists on these growing platforms in a broader way,” said Festival Director Genna Terranova.
Watch videos from Tribeca 2016 with a Q & A featuring the producers behind Chef’s Table, and a trailer for The Downtown Project.
Browse over important dates and deadlines for filmmakers looking to have their work featured at Tribeca Film Festival 2017.
The Downtown Project - Trailer
Tribeca Tune In: Netflix docu-series Chef’s Table
Dates and Deadlines
· September 6, 2016: SUBMISSIONS OPEN.
· October 19, 2016: EARLY DEADLINE for feature and short films, TV and episodic storytelling, and new online work.
· November 23, 2016: OFFICIAL ENTRY DEADLINE A for feature films, TV and episodic storytelling, and new online work.
· December 2, 2016: OFFICIAL ENTRY DEADLINE B for short films and all experiential storytelling.
· December 14, 2016: LATE ENTRY DEADLINE for feature length world-premiere films only and TV and episodic work.
· January 13, 2017: EARLY DEADLINE for Tribeca X award.
· February 15, 2017: OFFICIAL DEADLINE for Tribeca X award.