An Award Ceremony Built for the Web
Each year people vote and support their favorite Internet projects with the Webby Awards. This year the award ceremony honors The Women’s March, Lady Gaga, & Pokémon GO.
The 21st annual Webby Awards will be streamed online May 16 from Cipriani Wall Street in New York City.
The 2017 Webby Awards will be hosted by comedian Joel McHale. This event will feature Special Achievement Winners including: Van Jones, Solange, Steve Buscemi, and The Women’s March.
The Webbys has six major media categories that they honor with: Websites, Film & Video, Advertising, Media & PR, Social, Mobile Sites & Apps and Podcasts & Digital Audio.
Connect with tickets via the event’s main website.
Browse over a YouTube playlist featuring some of the winners selected for the 21st annual Webby Awards. Scan over highlights to some of the winners, and stay connected to social media for updates.
Webby Awards 2017 - List of Winners
Highlights from the 2017 Webby Award Winners
- The Women’s March: Social Movement of the Year
- InternetArchive.org: Lifetime Achievement
- Steve Buscemi : Best Actor
- Gillian Anderson: Best Actress
- Van Jones: Special Achievement
- Merriam-Webster Redefines Twitter: Best Writing (Social) & Best Education and Discovery (Social)
- Lady Gaga + Intel: Integrated Campaign (Film & Video) and Branded Content (Advertising, Media & PR)
- Sandy Hook Promise, “Evan”: Best Viral Marketing (Advertising, Media & PR) and Best Short Form Branded Content (Film & Video)
- The Messy Truth with Van Jones: Best News & Politics Series (Film & Video)
- Squarespace: Best Web Service & Application (Websites)
- FactCheck.org: Best Political Blog/Websites (Websites)
- Giphy: Messaging (Mobile Sites & Aps), Best Comedy–Branded (Film & Video), and NetArt (Websites)
- Airbnb: Best Travel App (Mobile Sites & Apps)
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art: Social Video for the Met 360 Project (Social)
- Jimmy Kimmel Live!: Best Comedy: Long Form or Series for Mean Tweets (Film & Video)
- Coldplay: Best Music Video for “Up&Up” (Film & Video)
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show: Best Celebrity/Fan Social Presence (Social)
- Deadpool: Best Social Media Campaign (Advertising, Media, & PR), Best Social Content and Marketing (Social), and Best Digital Campaign (Advertising, Media, & PR)
- Serena Williams’s Match Point: Best Mobile Advertising and Best Use of Native Advertising (Advertising, Media, & PR)
- Women of the Hour Podcast with Lena Dunham: Best Lifestyle Podcast (Podcasts & Digital Audio)
- ESPN Films: Best Sports Channel and Network for 30 for 30 Shorts (Film & Video)
- BuzzFeed: Best News App for the BuzzFeed News App (Mobile Sites & Apps) and Best Interview/Talk Show for Another Round (Podcasts & Digital Audio)
- Game of Thrones: Best Overall Social Presence
- Kendrick Lamar: Best Video Remixes/Mashups for “Swimming Pools (Drank)” (Film & Video)
- Spotify: Best Streaming Audio and Best Music App (Mobile Sites & Apps)
- Under Armour, “Rule Yourself: Michael Phelps”: Best Viral (Branded) Entertainment (Film & Video)
- HBO Now: Best Streaming Video (Mobile Sites & Apps)
- Gimlet Media: Best Podcast Drama for Homecoming (Podcasts & Digital Audio)
- Pokémon Go: Best Use of GPS or Location Technology and Best Experiential & Innovation (Mobile Sites & Apps)
- Who Is Mr. Robot: Best Television Website