Expand MLB viewing options with Google Daydream and the At Bar VR Application
Sporting entertainment is now available in virtual reality with Gear VR and Google Daydream. Users can now experience 360 degrees of the favorite spots in virtual reality.
UFC 212 will be streaming live today via the Samsung VR application in connection with the VR Live Pass. Samsung has a time table for the streaming event on their main website. The company has noted the following times for the UFC live stream. (All times are set for Eastern Standard Time).
- Main card 10:00 PM
- FS1 Prelims 8:00 PM
- UFC Fight Pass 6:30 PM
UFC 212 will also be streaming in the United Kingdom.
The Samsung VR app will be streaming X Games 2017, as well as concerts coming up this August. Samsung reported:
- UFC® 212: ALDO vs. HOLLOWAY, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 3, 2017: For the first time in UFC history an event will be live streamed in Virtual Reality. Fans will witness this highly-anticipated event in high-quality 360-degree live stream and will have access to additional VR content, including pre-event and post-event show highlights with UFC featherweight champion José Aldo and interim UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway.*
- X Games Minneapolis, USA July 13 – 16, 2017: Gear VR users will be able to experience the thrill of the X Games from the comfort of their homes as they watch the world’s best BMX riders and skaters, including Jimmy Wilkins, Chad Kerley and Jagger Eaton compete at the biggest action sports event of the year.
- Live Music Concert with International Artist, USA August, 2017: Music fans around the world will get the best seats in the house to watch one of the most exciting, high-energy and renowned music acts with Live Nation, the largest live event company in the world.
Gear VR is a headset that offers a wide selection of sports to experience in virtual reality. The headset allows compatible smartphones the option to watch events live, or scan over highlights after the event.
NextVR is an application that connects with the Gear VR headset. They are currently hosting virtual reality content from game 1 of the NBA Finals between the Golden State Warriors and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Users can download the NextVR application to watch over additional sporting events.
MLB fans can watch highlights and one game a week with the Intel True VR app. The company noted:
- Intel announced a three-year partnership with MLB to deliver live and on-demand virtual reality experiences to baseball fans starting with the 2017 MLB regular season.
- “Intel True VR Game of the Week” enables fans to personalize their VR experience with multiple camera angles, post-game highlights, on-demand content and statistics.
Major League Baseball fans can experience event more content with the MLB at Bat application available to watch with the Google Daydream headset. The application has a series of paid versions. The free version of the application provides:
- Up-to-the-moment scores, schedules, lineups and player stats for every team
- Groundbreaking Gameday Pitch-by-Pitch data visualization and 3D strike zone powered by Statcast lets you follow every pitch live in VR
- Immersive 360-degree video highlight library takes you behind-the-scenes around MLB – on the field, in the stands and in the clubhouse, in VR