Top Destinations for International Travelers Include: Tokyo, Paris, Osaka, New York City, London, Rome and Orlando
Airbnb is setting up for their biggest year to date in 2018. A record number of people will be using the platform to find locations to visit and stay at over the next year.
People that travel to different areas are connecting with hosts on sandy beaches, within nature, and in busy downtown cities.
The company recently reported a list of international destinations, as well as domestic spots that people are booking for 2018.
Browse over the top ten international locations:
- New York City
Airbnb calculates the increase in demand for different locations over the globe. Browse over some of the biggest increases in demand worldwide.
- Gangneung, Korea – 2175%
- Bournemouth, UK – 353%
- Edmonton, Canada – 284%
- Indianapolis, IN – 256%
- Da Nang, Vietnam – 255%
- Columbus, OH – 254%
- Gazimagusa, Cyprus – 234%
- Bilbao, Spain – 234%
- Hanoi, Vietnam – 212%
- Matinhos, Brazil – 209%
- Cardiff, UK – 206%
- Guarapari, Brazil – 205%
- Minneapolis, MN – 193%
- Oita, Japan – 190%
- Dunedin, New Zealand – 185%
- Mar del Plata, Argentina – 181%
- Fernie, Canada – 179%
- Zagreb, Croatia – 175%
- Mykonos, Greece – 173%
- Mazatlan, Mexico – 169%
They also recently expanded from just providing places to stay, to adding on experiences in different cities. They took a look at the reviews, and put together a list of the most effective experiences.
- Lisbon’s Best Flavors (Lisbon)
- Secret Concert in a Treehouse! (London)
- Raise a Glass to Prohibition (New York)
- Brixton Hidden Jazz Club (London)
- Hollywood Sign Walk to the Top (Los Angeles)
North America Airbnb
In addition to the international spots, they also compiled a list of the most sought out places to stay within North America.
- In the United States, midwestern cities like Indianapolis, IN (256%) and Columbus, OH (254%) are seeing some of the strongest growth, driven by booming downtown districts humming with new restaurants, nightlife and local arts. Other high-growth destinations include towns offering ample nature lodging in close proximity to popular national parks, such as Whitefish, MT (242%).
- In North America, destinations within driving distance of the Canadian Rockies are attracting a growing number of guests. Those include the urban hub of Edmonton (284%), as well as Fernie (179%) and Kelowna (170%) – both mountain towns that feature an extensive range of year-round outdoor activities, from cross-country skiing to fly fishing and wine tasting.
I’ve personally used Airbnb and found that it can be a hit and miss platform similar to staying at different hotels. Travelers can use the review data to better find their needs. Users can also acquire month long visits if needed for some locations.
Watch over one of their YouTube videos to get a better understanding of the application.