63 Short Films Set to Screen
A record-setting 5,131 submissions were sent in for the opportunity to have screen time at the 2019 Tribeca Film Festival.
The 18th edition, which will take place April 24 – May 5 in New York City.
Festival organizers recently announced 103 featured films set to screen at Tribeca 2019. Women directors will make a large imprint this year with a large percentage of the films being screened.
The festival organizers announced:
‘There will also be special screening programs for the annual Tribeca/ESPN Sports Film Festival and the debut of shorts from the Queen Collective, a program developed with Procter & Gamble, aimed at accelerating gender and racial equality behind the camera.’
Films with Distribution
- American Factory – Netflix
- Ask Dr. Ruth – Magnolia
- At the Heart of Gold – HBO
- Charlie Says – IFC Films
- Dominican Dream – ESPN Films
- Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile – Netflix
- Maiden – Sony Pictures Classics
- One Child Nation – Amazon Studios
- See You Yesterday – Netflix
- What’s My Name | Muhammad Ali – HBO
- SportsXY Chelsea – Showtim
Additional films are set for streaming services following the festival.
Watch the preview video for the 2019 Tribeca Film Festival on YouTube.