IFP Lab Showcases Featuring Virtual Reality
The Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP) is relocating their annual event to Brooklyn, and have their headquarters setup at Made in NY Media Center.
Screen Forward Labs and the Screen Forward Conference will be taking place at IFP Film Week during September 17-22.
“The film industry has changed,” says IFP Executive Director Joana Vicente.
In with the changes taking place in film and television, IFP is adapting and making transition to meet the demand of a growing online audience.
IFP has stated the following updates:
- An expanded offering of projects selected in the IFP Project Forum, the premiere meetings driven forum connecting artists to industry. Featuring new work from both emerging and established artists in narrative and documentary feature films, the No Borders (narrative) and Spotlight on Documentary (non-fiction) programs will continue to do so but also accept serialized content for television, web and app-based platforms.
- Screen Forward Conference, a four-day program of how great projects can connect with audiences and stand out in a crowded marketplace.
- Public presentations of sneak previews of upcoming feature films, documentaries, web-based and television series for both industry and general audiences
- Both at the Made in NY Media Center and throughout DUMBO will be daily showcases of episodic and VR/AR content
- Expansion of the annual IFP Lab Showcases with the mission of introducing audiences to new discoveries in narrative and documentary feature film, as well as web series, television pilots, VR and app based series.
“IFP Film Week is the place where filmmakers, artists, and storytellers cross paths with people who help move their projects forward.” Says IFP Head of Programming Amy Dotson. “Creators get funding, advice, and opportunities. Industry insiders get to discover new talent. The public gets to screen cutting-edge work first. And Brooklyn is where it’s at.”