Taste of Chicago is the Wolrd Largest Food Festival and Runs July 10 – 14
Summer block parties, backyard BBQs, live events, and music anthems continue to mold the fabric across the United States each year.
This year a new wave of fashion, culture, and culinary entrepreneurship is taking over.
June 21 is the official first day of summer for the United States and people nationwide are discovering the hottest ways to celebrate the season. From rooftops to street corners, the city of Chicago will be dancing along to musical acts from different genres.
The Tatse of Chicago event provides a community-based platform to explore food, music, art, and culture. The festival’s main website notes:
‘An estimated 1.5 million people attending the 38th Annual Taste of Chicago. The festival featured more than 300 menu items from 72 restaurants and food trucks, including 25 new vendors.’
Locals and international guests will be taste testing some of the biggest talent in the culinary industry.
In addition to the food, the music will also provide an eccentric mix of entertainment featuring international touring musicians.
- Courtney Barnett with Sunflower Bean will perform on Wednesday, July 10 starting at 5:30.
- Bomba Estéreo and Cultura Profética will perform on Thursday.
- De La Soul and Taylor Bennett will perform Friday.
- The Strumbellas, lovelytheband, and Joywave will take the Petrillo Music Shell on Saturday.
- India.Arie, Meshell Ndegeocello, and Bilal will close out music on Sunday.
Watch a YouTube video by Chicago Sun-Times previewing the 2019 Taste of Chicago.