2017 Marked Our Biggest Year Yet with Almost Double the Page Views in Comparison to 2016
The end of the year is a time to celebrate and enjoy the holiday season with friends and family. During 2017 we covered a mass amount of information, and we wanted to go back and review some of the biggest moments on the Web.
First, I want to thank all the people that help make our outlet an international platform to share data. This past year was by far the most successful year in our history.
Samantha Harvey has been an excellent addition to the outlet during this past year. She is once again scheduled to cover the 2018 Gem and Jam Festival in Tucson, Arizona.
When we compare the Web traffic obtained in 2016 to 2017 one thing is clear, organic traffic is created by the amount of articles produced each day, and the quality of the material.
During the end of 2016, we started to increase the amount of articles that were produced daily. Once that trend caught on, we noticed more people sharing our content, and providing back links to our website. That provided us the biggest boost in organic traffic.
In 2015 we worked with Google AdWords to bring in traffic through paid advertising, but what I have found out is that search engine optimization works best with consistent articles being published everyday, and working with paid advertising that is focused on specific key terms.
We now take a look back with Google Analytics to the top ten performing articles of 2017:
- LOCKN Music Festival 2017 Top Three Most Anticipated Live Sets.
- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers invite Lucinda Williams to join for their show at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Ultra Music Festival 2017 Goes Live on YouTube March 24-26.
- An Inside Look to the Song ‘Paris’ by The Chainsmokers.
- The Cross Section Between Violent Gaming and Virtual Reality.
- Jack Johnson Tours with The Avett Brothers, Donavon Frankenreiter, G. Love, ALO.
- Hangout Music Festival 2017 Releases their Daily Lineup.
- Vans Warped Tour 2017 Artist Announcement with Live Performances.
- Gem and Jam Festival 2017 Review and Photos.
- Pre-order the Samsung Galaxy S8 by 4/20 to Receive free Gear VR.
Two of our goals at the end of 2016 was to work more with Apple News, and produce additional articles. We were able to accomplish both of those goals.
In 2018 we plan to accomplish the following goals:
- Double our Web traffic and easily clear a quarter of a million views on our main website.
- Produce 30-50 YouTube videos.
- Create a coding section to the website to help inform users on different coding languages.
- Connect more with our readers. Provide additional depth to our articles.
- Cover a wider selection of topics.
- Work to create a more informed readership.
- Develop engaging ads to increase SEO with Google AdWords.
- In 2017 we clocked in under just 700 articles published. Our goal for 2018 will be to produce over 1,000 articles.
- Avoid bias reporting. We will do our best to give both sides of a debate.
- Report honest, trustworthy news.
We were able to cover some live music and publish it to YouTube as well. Check out a video featuring Bob Moses performing ‘Tearing Me Up.’